Tuesday 17 March 2015

17032015 Dinner at Coronar Del Mar

One of my colleagues suggested me to get a dinner offer at Groupon for Corona Del Mar. By first impression it actually looks good, so once I got an OK-no-problem with Min, I purchased the deal. Alright then, let's skip right through and check out the things that was part of the deal.

Our dinner is a 3-course Mediterranean dinner package which includes:
2 Starts
2 Main Course
1 Dessert
2 Drinks
All these for only RM28.00, so I figured it's a pretty darn good deal.

Of course besides that, I was also attracted by the highlights:



Panoramic view of the restaurant's interior

Soup of the day - Pumpkin soup

Green Salad with Balsamic Vinegar Dressing

Black Pepper Lamb Chop

Salmon Tagliatelle

Peach & Banana Tart

Min & Me

Taste wise - well, it didn't taste as good as it looks. I'd think the chef most likely started cooking about a week ago? The salad tasted weird, the lamb chop was over done and very salty (some parts tasted like roasted pork), and the salmon was actually very small compared to how it looked like it in the picture. The drinks very pretty flat. But the one thing we were rather OK with was the the dessert. If there one word to summarize the taste, it would be "Lousy"

Service wise - very disappointing though. I felt like we weren't welcomed at all. When I passed the waiter the groupon voucher, they looked at me with a weird stare and being very confused about the voucher. They asked each other and finally allowed us to sit down. Since the restaurant was rather empty, I wanted to choose a certain table because it had more comfortable seats but they said it was reserved. That was OK, until another customer said the same, but were given the "reserved" table instead. Double standard right?

Environment wise - it's rather dim inside the restaurant but still quite comfortable as it's not too noisy. It's a nice to place to dine, if you don't mind the service nor the quality of the food.

Location:
8 Jalan PJU 5/20D,
The Strand Kota Damansara,
47180 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

No comments:

Post a Comment