Tuesday 7 April 2015

Free Tablet Huawei MediaPad 7 Youth 2

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or paid post. The author is purely sharing his how he managed to obtain a free tablet (Huawei MediaPad 7 Youth 2) and is not responsible for your decision to apply credit card. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This post does not intend to encourage you to apply for a credit card, nor to impose that application of credit cards will reward the applicant with a free tablet. This author accepts no liability or damage for the content of this post.

I was casually online-surfing and I came across a promotion that led me to RinggitPlus. What intrigued me with the promotion is that it states "Get Free Huawei Tablet and 1 Year MalayMail E-Paper Subscription". So, I decided to find out what it is about.


---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Source taken from RinggitPlus

Since, I didn't have a Citibank card yet, I decided to give it a try. Anyway, what's the harm, right? At most, I'd be denied of my application only. And so, I submitted my application online. Followed their instructions and provided them the documentation as required.

To my surprised, my application was approved! Done within 4 days of application. And once I received my Citibank credit card, I immediately started using it. Part of requirement was to have 3 swipes (of transactions) with no minimum, and so I did it. Wasn't difficult at all actually, since it wasn't my first time with credit cards. This part was also to get the waiver of the RM50 service tax (which will be reflected on the 3rd credit card statement).

I was told that within the next 8-10 weeks after my credit card has been approved, that I would receive an email consisting of the redemption code for the free Huawei tablet. They honored their words.

Received the good news a few days back

A few days after I keyed in the redemption keys, I received a courier package. It was a rather big box, so my first thoughts was that it must be the free tablet!

Packaged received! 

Congratulatory letter! 

Let the unboxing begin!

The side of the box!
I'm even happier because the color is Champagne! 

 Saw this baby and I just had to pick it up!

Immediately began my activation of the tablet and the apps! 

The only problem I have now is finding a screen protector
and a case that actually fits this tablet!

I'll just summarize the tablet's specifications, but just in case if you're interested on knowing more. You can find out more at the Huawei website.
Summary
Dimension: 193.4mm x 120.6mm x 9.9mm
Weight: Approx. 350g
Color: Black & Champagne
SIM: mini-SIM
Display: 7-inches TFT capacitive (5-point) touchscreen with 1024 x 600 pixels (169 ppi pixel density)
Operating System: Android 4.3 + Huawei Emotion UI 1.6
CPU: MSM8x12 quad-core Cortex-A7 1.2GHz
Memory: 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, with microSD card: up to 32 GB
Network: HSPA+ (up to 21 Mbps DL and 5.76 Mbps UL), HSPA/UMTS, EDGE/GPRS/GSM
Connectivity: GPS /A-GPS, Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth, microUSB v2.0
Camera: 3 MP rear, 0.3 MP, with Geo-tagging
Audio: Built-in MIC, speaker; Supported formats: Ogg, WAV, WMA, MID, MIDI, MP3, 3GP, AMR, APE, FLAC
Video: Supported formats: MPEG-4, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, MOV, 3GP
Battery: 4100 mAh Li-Polymer

No comments:

Post a Comment