Sunday 26 April 2015

Sleep Is The Best Remedy

Today, got up pretty to get my mum's car for a check up. Mum's complained about the recent loud roaring the engine is producing, and it's not been that long since it was last service (about a month ago, I think?). As I'm pretty worried about these kind of stuff (seriously it leaves me with a unpleasant feeling when I know there's problem). I started the engine to hear the roaring sound for myself and I was rather shocked because it sounded as if there was a turbine underneath the engine.

So, I headed to my usual workshop to get the car checked. I sort of expected it to be something quite serious, and indeed it was. Daniel, my trusted mechanic, told me that the water pump was damaged and needed to be changed. He immediately placed an order for the replacement part. However, after an hour or so of waiting, the replacement part that came wasn't a fit for the car. Why? Because initially, Daniel thought compatible parts would do the trick (I too, didn't think I needed original parts because the car is rather old and it doesn't go out of my housing area). So, he had to place another order for the original part (the car is a Hyundai Atos 1.0; it's a pain in the part for maintenance, I tell you). And we had to wait another 30-40 minutes for that right part.

It was getting hotter by the hour, as the sun was blazingly bright! I was sweating, and falling asleep out of fatigue due to the heat and the wait as well. Daniel came to me and told me that he found out the timing belt needed change as well due to its wear and tear condition. I was fine with it. Little did I know that the timing belt for the car also needed to be ordered because it requires a very specific model (DARN IT!). So I waited again. To my frustration, this time around the wait was ridiculously long (more than 1.5 hours) because the delivery guy went to a wrong shop, at the wrong part of town some more! I was furious!

By the time the car got fixed, it's like my whole day was gone. The car was all good to leave the workshop and it was nearly 5PM. I drove back home, I was angry and in a bad mood. I didn't want to talk to anyone at all, as I know I might just spread the negative vibes to others. The only thing that kept me calm was the scene of the cat fighting (mechanics' pets at the workshop) and the Jay Chou song that was ongoing for more than 3 hours.

When I got back home, I immediately went straight to bed and took a nap sleep. 3 hours of good sleep seriously brought be back to life and made me a better person! It's like the whole day didn't matter, and I continued on doing my own things. I encourage everyone to sleep it off, whenever you feel like you're in a bad mood and no one else can help it.

---------------------

My phone's camera still bonkers. I don't know if I should get it fixed, or get a new phone. Still think about it. Hmmmm.

Oh by the way, I've still got a number of backdated post yet to processed. Promise to get to that real soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment