Wednesday 11 February 2015

11022015 Dinner at Mungo Jerry, KL

I've tried fried rice, noodles, Chinese-style ordering-dishes, mamak and fast food around my office area. Even gone to the mall to eat western, Japanese and Korean food too. There's just one thing I've yet to try which I'd finally done so tonight - Bak Kut Teh (BKT) for dinner!

Decided to give Mungo Jerry's a try. I've seen them nearby my office and nearby SS2 area too. I did a little research on them prior to eating there and found quite good reviews about it. You can look them up on Google too.

Onion Rice with 1 pax serving of Bak Kut Teh
(a mix of internal organs and meat)
RM 13.50
Taste wise - besides it being a little bit too salty, I find it pretty darn good. The soup is very rich in its taste (you can definitely tell how long they spent preparing it) and the meat was just so tender (hardly any effort is required for clean the ribs up!). The internal organs were done well! They were nicely cooked - not too rubbery, but requires a few good chew before you swallow it. Just the way I like it =D

Service wise - you'd be surprised by the waiters. I mean no offense, but usually in shops serving BKT, the ones serving us is usually Chinese chaps. but what we noticed is that the shop was maintained by Indians, and they understood Mandarin and Cantonese. Quite friendly too, took our orders and immediately processed it.

Environment wise - the crowd was mostly Indians (my colleagues and I were the only Chinese folks), I was surprised as usually you don't find them in BKT shops. Again, no offense at all. We were very glad that our BKT was served promptly and the shop was quite comfortable. Thankfully we came a little earlier, otherwise we'd had to wait for a table.

Price wise - I believe it's a fair price, however the portioning could have been a little bigger. I wasn't entirely full by the end of the meal. But it was OK enough as I hadn't fully gotten my appetite back since I fell unwell. But will I come again? For sure =)

Location:
Mungo Jerry,
No. 292, Jalan Raja Laut,
50350 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment