Tuesday 3 February 2015

03022015 High Tea at Acme Bar & Coffee, Dinner at Burgertory

After our shopping, Min and I were off to find food! I had been wanting to try out Acme Bar & Coffee for their desserts, and so that's where we went for a start!

A portion of ABC's interior from where I was sitting

<3 the flowers!


A photo posted by Jeffro Ong (@jeffroong) on


Taste wise - one of the best desserts I've tried so far! I love the sizzling effect as the waiter poured the chocolate sauce over the ice cream and brownie! Can see that Min's eyes were glowing, lol! Too bad, we didn't have enough budget to try other desserts, but I'm willing to bet they are pretty good too!

Service wise - the waiters are friendly and quick to serve us. They were also attentive to us; as soon as we finished, they helped to clear our table to allow us to chat more comfortably.

Environment wise - this might be different for others, but I personally think the place could use a little more ventilation. A glance from the outside, you'd be expecting a cooling place but much to my discomfort, it was stuffy and warm on the inside. Thank goodness our drinks were a little cool and there was a blower (though it was taken away moments after we sat in) to help a little. We could have stayed for dinner, but the environment just didn't suit either me or min.

Price wise - well, it'll definitely blow a hole in your wallet if you're super duper hungry because the average price for a dinner meal would be about RM30 per person. And that's not counting drinks and desserts yet! For me, it's definitely pricey and above the average cafe's price. If you're in for a light meal, it'll not be cheap either. But I guess good (and probably premium) taste has its price.

Location:
Acme Bar & Coffee
The Troika, Jalan Binjai,
50450 Kuala Lumpur


Of course, after high tea (and honestly, we weren't full enough) we had to look for dinner. I buzzed our colleagues and was suggested to go to Burgertory in SS15, Subang. So, that's where we went! =D We ordered some of their MUST-TRY-items!

The panoramic view from the inside of Burgertory

A photo posted by Jeffro Ong (@jeffroong) on

A photo posted by Jeffro Ong (@jeffroong) on


Taste wise - they're pretty darn good and fulfilling burgers! Comparable to myBurgerLab, but their focus on the pork is really good. Initially, by the time I reached there, I sorta lost my appetite ('cause of the long drive there, due to traffic) but as soon as I had my first bite, I just couldn't stop! I'd definitely be back for another taste of their burgers! Something in their sauce that makes the burger and the dips for fries, super delicious!

Service wise - they're good with their recommendation if you're there for the first time and you don't know what you wanna get for a start. They serve pretty quickly and they're very friendly too! Don't ya love places that serve you well? =)

Environment wise - it's not as big as myBurgerLab, but it's pretty comfortable inside and the interior is cozy and inviting. But the incoming crowd will outnumber the tables and chairs there. So, it wouldn't be an ideal place to be if you're looking for a longer stay after your meal. Wouldn't be nice if we denied hungry customers of seats, when we're done with our meals right? We're all very considerate people, aren't we? =)

Price wise - for the size and taste, I think it's pretty reasonable pricing. Not the most affordable burgers in town, but it won't kill your budget if you're in for a good burger! Go with the set meals if you want to make it more worth it! =)

Location:
Burgertory SS15
8, Jalan SS 15/4d, Ss 15,
47500 Subang Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment