Monday 19 January 2015

18012015 Soon Heong Yong Tau Foo Reopen at Kepong Baru

Dated SenYee and her friend, Hsiao Wei (I'm guessing her friend's name is spelled that way) for Yong Tau Foo (YTF) dinner at Kepong Baru. Heard from her that this place is pretty famous and the community here fancy the YTF served by this shop.

They moved from a corner lot, to a shop in the middle of the row, nearby the Kepong Baru's Pasar Malam (Night Market). So, tonight's the official opening!

My main pick for YTF is fried dumpling and fried fu chuk (beancurd skin). The others are snack bites to me. So, I'm only particular when it comes to the main pick

Food wise - It's not too bad, pretty decent if you ask me. Like any other YTF joint that I've been too, the variety is more or less the same. Exception? It's less oily here, and the soup's not too salty - That's what I like about it. Portion per item? A mouth full =)

Price wise - RM1.30 per piece, I think it's pretty affordable. I know of other places that's more expensive than this, yet it doesn't taste as good as the ones served here.

You thought I was kidding when I said the community here fancy this place huh?


A photo posted by Jeffro Ong (@jeffroong) on
We had to wait for our turn, before we could actually sit down, order and eat! But was it worth it? Yeah! Guess what? I was one of their customers back when they were at the corner lot! I only knew this after I checked in with SenYee and she confirmed with me on their previous location.

Location:
Jalan Bangau 1, Kepong Baru
52100 Kuala Lumpur

No comments:

Post a Comment